Paula Duncan Bespoke Kilt Making
Learn the craft of traditional, heritage kilt making
Paula Duncan has been training the next generation of kilt makers for many years and offers studio and online courses. Enjoy Paula's relaxed teaching methods as she shares her expertise, knowledge and secrets of kilt making with you.
Stitch the Basics digital course
To find out whether kilt making is the right course for you, and to familiarise yourself with the stitches and techniques used to make kilts, you can buy Paula's Stitch the Basics digital course and complete it at your own pace from home.
The course covers needle positions for right- and left-handed students, with video demonstrations for each stitch.Start to Stitch the Basics here
Studio kilt-making classes
Paula runs 12-day kilt-making courses at her studio in Lhanbryde, Scotland, with accommodation available in nearby hotels, B&Bs and self-catering cottages.
- Learn how to mould 8m of tartan to your own body shape.
- Create pleats that will keep their shape for years to come.
- Learn about linings, aprons and the double-layer front.
- Learn the secrets of this fascinating heritage craft.
- Train to make one kilt, or continue with further training to pursue a kilting career.